Creative Writing Prompts—
This is part 3 in a four part series of creative writing prompts for kids.
Remember that after writing on a variety of topics, students will be excited to continue exploring. Fuel their curiosity with this series of all new creative writing prompts!
Creative Writing Prompts
61 Fabulous Ideas
- What will the world be like in 50 years?
- If you could be any superhero, who would you like to be?
- Describe your best friend using only the letters in his or her name.
- What does it mean to be part of a community?
- Do you prefer sitting in the front or the back of the classroom?
- What is your favorite emotion?
- What does it mean to be creative?
- What is your favorite kind of art?
- If you had to eat one type of food forever, what would you choose?
- What do you see when you look in the mirror?
- Would you rather watch a sunrise or a sunset?
- Have you ever watched TV online? How is it different from watching on a traditional TV?
- Write a story about a kid who lives in a land made of ice cream.
- If bears could dance, what kinds of dances would they do?
- Do you enjoy musicals? Why or why not?
- Write a poem about the way you feel when you journal.
- When did you first learn to ride a bike?
- If you were a popsicle, what flavor would you be?
- What is the craziest game you’ve ever played?
- Do you believe that aliens exist? If so, what are they like?
- Do you think people will ever be able to live on another planet?
- What part would you play in the circus?
- What do you like to do on the weekends?
- Write about one of your future goals. How will you achieve it?
- Why do parents dress little girls in pink and boys in blue?
- Do you like babysitting the younger kids in your family?
- What relaxes you more than anything else?
- Where do you go when you need to concentrate on your homework?
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
- Write an alternate ending to your favorite book.
- What is your favorite thing about living in [hometown]?
- Why does the government provide public education?
- Are you close with any of your neighbors?
- Write about a symbol that represents your family.
- Do you like your first name? Does it fit your personality?
- Make a list of all the things you’ve accomplished this week. How do you feel?
- What is your favorite milkshake flavor?
- How do you feel about the Twilight books and movies? Why?
- What is your favorite thing to shop for?
- Have you ever gone to a concert? What bands did you see?
- What is the best sound in the world?
- What is the best sight in the world?
- What is the best smell in the world?
- What is the best taste in the world?
- What is the best feeling in the world?
- Write an apology to a classmate that you should have been nicer to.
- Do you listen to the radio?
- Write about something you’re looking forward to.
- If you were a Disney princess, who would you be?
- Think about some privileges you have that others don’t. How do you feel?
- What is your favorite treat at the movies?
- Does your family ever go to the library? What do you like to get there?
- What jobs do you consider to be the most important? Would you ever want to have one?
- What is the best way to make someone feel loved?
- Why is it important to learn about so many subjects at school?
- Write a poem about something you’re good at.
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you were a bird, what kind of bird would you be? A large eagle? A tiny bluebird?
- Write an alternate ending to your favorite movie.
- What is your favorite thing to do on the playground?
- Have you ever triumphed over something you initially struggled with? How did you feel?
If you would like to add to this list of creative writing prompts, please add a comment below. We would love to hear from you!
Until next time, write on…
More Creative Writing Prompts Links:
- Creative Writing Prompts Part 1
- Creative Writing Prompts Part 2
- Creative Writing Prompts Part 3
- Creative Writing Prompts Part 4
Journal Buddies encourages creative writing skill building in boys and girls.