Creative Writing Prompts for Kids— — Even MORE Fabulous Ideas (Part 4/4)
This is part 4 in a four-part series of creative writing prompts for kids.
In the first part we shared with you 65 creative writing ideas, in the second part we explored 62 more creative writing prompts, and in the third part, you discovered a list of 61 writing prompts for kids.
Remember that after writing on a variety of topics, students will be excited to continue exploring. Fuel their curiosity with this series of all new creative writing prompts!
Creative Writing Prompts 63 MORE Fabulous Ideas for Kids
- How will people travel in the future?
- Are you more like your mom or your dad?
- How would you describe love?
- Write a story about a princess and a magical bicycle.
- Write a story about someone who overcomes a fear.
- Write a rhyming poem about poems.
- If you got trapped at the zoo, what would you do?
- What would it be like to go skydiving? Would you ever try it?
- Why are you lucky to have an imagination?
- What does it mean to be successful?
- If you could make up a sport, how would it be played?
- What is your favorite thing about your family?
- Describe your grandparents’ house.
- What is the best dessert in the world?
- How does it feel when someone shares a secret with you?
- Write a funny story about an alien abduction.
- Are there any foods that you absolutely will not eat? Why?
- What are you looking forward to doing in high school?
- Who is your favorite singer? Why do you like him or her?
- Write a poem about your favorite flower.
- What are three things that make you unique?
- What is the best lesson you’ve ever learned outside of school?
- How do you feel when you hear stories about people living in poor countries?
- What is your favorite kind of animal?
- Do you believe in ghosts?
- How do you feel when you laugh?
- Write a short story about a dog and cat who are best friends.
- If you had three wishes, what would you choose?
- What do you think the clouds are made of?
- Write about a time when you were embarrassed until someone made you feel better.
- Have you ever taken martial arts classes? Would you ever want to?
- Write a poem about your favorite place in the world.
- Write about a time when you learned something that you thought you already knew.
- What was your first word as a baby? Do your parents tell you funny stories about yourself?
- Do you have a cell phone? Why or why not?
- Write a story about your pet taking an adventure after you’ve left the house.
- What is your favorite carnival ride?
- Have you ever flown on an airplane? What was it like?
- Why do countries go to war?
- How do you feel when the leaves change?
- If you were a professional singer, what genre would you sing?
- Have you ever had a scary dream and laughed about it later?
- Write a poem about fall.
- What was your favorite toy as a kid?
- If you could be a dinosaur, which kind would you be?
- What is your favorite thing to do outside?
- Write about a memory that makes you happy.
- How can you give back to your community?
- What would it be like to live on the moon?
- Do you prefer chess or checkers?
- How does it feel to miss someone or something?
- Write about the best party you’ve ever been to.
- What is life all about?
- If you could visit any single new city in the world, where would you go?
- What is your favorite household chore?
- Would you rather visit a mountain or a beach?
- Write about a secret that you’ve never shared.
- What is the best feeling in the world?
- What is the worst feeling in the world?
- If you could take any three celebrities to lunch, who would you choose? Where would you eat?
- What is something that you always have with you?
- Who do you trust more than anyone else?
- Is love or hate stronger?
If you would like to add to this list of creative writing prompts for kids, please add a comment below. We would love to hear from you!
Until next time, write on…
More Creative Writing Prompts Links: