Need Journal Writing Topics?
Journal writing has many benefits and can be a great means of self-expression and self-discovery.
Sometimes we are full of writing ideas, while other times we can use some help.Boys and girls of all ages often need some help in the form of journaling prompts and ideas to get them started.
Kids journal writers often enjoy writing about new topics, tips and ideas. If you’re looking for journal writing topics and ideas then search no longer! You have arrived.
51 Spectacular Journal Writing Topic Ideas
- I am the one who….
- My first memory is…
- My wildest dream vacation is …
- If I were in the circus I would be…
- I believe…
- Describe a person you admire.
- I can…
- Sunshine makes me feel…
- The most amazing thing I’ve ever seen is…
- I’m thankful for…
- What do you want the most out of life?
- What are the characteristics of a hero?
- What do you think of people who use profanity in public?
- If I were famous, I would…
- I wish I were there when…
- If I were a fish in the ocean…
- My favorite places.
- My least favorite places.
- How a puppy feels.
- My ideal day is…
- Is it better to give or to receive?
- If I had three wishes I would…
- My most embarrassing moment is (or would be)…
- Where would I go in a time machine.
- Describe a rainstorm from above the storm clouds.
- Write from the perspective of a mouse going down a hole.
- Describe a rainbow to a blind person, and do it so that the blind person can say without a doubt that they have SEEN a rainbow!!!
- What was your favorite meal.
- What does snow feel like.
- What does squishing sand through your toes feel like.
- Write a letter to yourself 1, 3, 5, 10 or 20 years from now.
- Write a letter to yourself as a child of ___ years old.
- Write a thank you letter to your favorite teacher.
- If I could be anything in this world, I’d be…
- If I could be anywhere in the entire UNIVERSE, I’d be…
- Write about the taste of peanut butter, how it smells, and how it looks.
- How would you feel as a passenger in a space ship on the way to the Moon?
- How can you make friends?
- How do you keep your teachers happy?
- Describe Sundays at your house.
- Observe at least 5 things you see happen on your way home from school/work and write about them.
- Describe a place from your past.
- Describe your concept of luxury.
- Describe a family member.
- Describe sloppy.
- Describe your ride home.
- Nothing can be worse than. . .
- Write about your strengths and weaknesses.
- Describe the most comfortable spot you can find.
- The problem is. . . And this is what I plan to do about it……
- The joy of today is.. . .
You might also want to use quotes as a tool for journaling topics for kid journalers. Oh, and here is a journal resource just for you of inspirational quotations to help inspire your journal writing.
I’d like to expand this listing of journal writing prompts, journaling ideas, and writing topics including topics for first, second, and third graders (and even sixth, seventh and beyond!!). I invite you to contribute to this endeavor by posting your ideas below in the comments box.
PS Want to take your journaling writing to the next level and expand your journaling experience? Discover the fun and exhilarating art of creative journaling today.