Journal Topics – Spring is just one of the great journal topics we have to offer you that is perfect for Elementary and Middle School Kids (yet great for adults too!) 🙂
Spring is in the air, and students are getting excited for summer vacation, warm weather, and outdoor fun. You can encourage their excitement with fun journal prompts and journal topics that allow them to daydream about springtime even while they’re in school. Journaling allows students to explore new worlds and to express their creativity. With journal prompts specifically designed for the year’s first season, they’ll be ready to begin the kind of new adventure that only springtime can bring.
53 Writing Ideas about Springtime!
Spring is a time for rebirth and fresh starts. Renew your students’ interest in journal prompts with the great journal topics and with fun spring ideas listed below that allow them to think outside the classroom.
- I know It’s spring when…
- People think about spring as a time for new beginnings – what is something you would like to start doing this spring?
- Why does spring symbolize birth?
- Describe something you experience with each of your senses in spring
- What changes could you make beginning in spring?
- Fresh starts at spring are a great time to…
- If you could plant a garden of anything, what would be in it?
- When everything turns green, I think about…
- Why do you think baseball is an American tradition?
- Do you ever celebrate May Day? How could you create a May Day tradition?
- The prettiest kinds of flowers are…
- The best game to play outside in the spring
- Do you ever feel happier during the springtime because of the sun?
- If I had to describe spring in one word, it would be __________
- My favorite place to go in the springtime is…
- Have you ever noticed that “April showers bring may flowers”?
- What would it be like if summer vacation was in spring instead?
- My favorite season of the year is…
- What is your favorite memory from spring break?
- Memorial Day is an important holiday because…
- The best thing to do during spring is…
- Do you ever miss winter once spring starts?
- Where is the best spot to hide Easter eggs?
- When I see baby animals, I think of…
- Something fun to do on April fool’s day
- What if the weather was like spring all year long?
- What are you most excited to see bloom in the spring?
- A sunny day makes me feel…
- What’s your favorite thing to do in the rain?
- What are you planning to do this summer?
- What does spring fever mean?
- Do you like the rain in spring?
- If you could replace spring with any other season, would you?
- Spring is a time for…
- What is the best Easter candy?
- Why do people celebrate st. Patrick’s day?
- If you were drawing a picture of spring, what would it look like?
- Write a story about an animal born in spring
- Do you jump in puddles when you see them?
- Going to the park for the first time in the spring
- What’s your favorite spring fruit or vegetable?
- When do you start swimming in the spring?
- What springtime means to me
- Do you feel love in the spring air?
- Why is green such an important spring color?
- Spring brings lots of excitement, but is it too hard to wait for summer?
- The best spring holiday
- My favorite thing about warm weather is…
- What do you feel like when it snows in the springtime?
- For mother’s day, I will…
- Spring cleaning is a time to get rid of old things – what could you spring clean in your room?
- What will you do this year for spring break?
- Describe your perfect spring day
With these journal prompts about spring, students will enjoy writing about their favorite spring activities, the best way to spend a spring day, and all of the things that remind them of the season. They’ll warm up right away to these new prompts that allow them to explore favorite spring traditions and their best spring memories.
There are many more journaling prompts and journal topics on this site, and more added every week, so be sure to visit us often.
Until next time, happy springtime!