57 Exciting Third Grade Journal Writing Prompts
Kids Journaling for the Joy of It…
I love to write about journaling tips, creative journaling and journal writing techniques.
I love journaling so much that I wrote and published two kids journals!
Do you love journaling? Do your kids? I hope so! Writing in a journal is one of my very favorite activities, and I hope it is one of yours and your student’s favorite activities, too.
But you’re not here to hear about my love of journal writing, so without further ado below is a fabulous listing of journaling prompts for kids!
57 Exciting Journal Starters
Journaling Prompts and for 3rd Graders
- I am very proud because…
- If I were President I would…
- Why is the President so important?
- I am afraid to_______ because…
- Name one thing you do really well and describe it in detail.
- What is your favorite room in your home and why?
- Describe what it means to be a good neighbor?
- What is your favorite time of day and why?
- Describe your best day ever? Give lots of details explaining why.
- How do you deal with people who bug you?
- What excites you and why?
- Describe your favorite hobby.
- What is your favorite quote by a famous person? Why?
- What is your favorite song and why?
- Climbing trees is…
- I wish trees could._____________ because….
- I want to be a ________ when I grow up. Then I will….
- I wish there were a law that said ___________ because…
- I wish I could forget the time I ___________ because….
- I wish I could ___________ because…..
- Older people are…
- Younger people are…
- The perfect place in the whole wide world is…
- What makes you feel sad and why?
- What can you do to help you feel better when you’re feeling blue?
- Name your favorite book and why?
- Walking in the rain is…
- I am proud of myself because__________
- What I know about rabbits is that…
- If I were an Easter egg…
- For lunch today…
- If I were a raindrop I’d….
- If I were a turtle, I’d…
- If I were a ________, I’d…
- Pretend that you can fly whenever you wanted. Where would you go?
- Pretend that there is no such thing as television. What do you do with all of your time?
- My favorite stuffed animal or toy is…
- Imagine if cows gave green pop instead of milk! What would the world look like?
- Imagine that all the streets are rivers? How do you get around?
- What would happen if it really did rain cats and dogs?
- Use descriptive words like amazing, incredible, outrageous, super-fun or mind-blowing while writing about your favorite activity of all time.
- If I could choose a different name, I would choose ________ because…
- Let’s go _______________. Describe your adventure.
- Write a letter to your Mom, Dad, friend, cousin, classmate about your top three talents.
- What would happen if animals could talk? What questions would you would like to ask them?
- Imagine that you can become invisible whenever you wanted to? What are some of the things you would do?
- What would you do if you were in the middle of the lake and your boat springs a leak?
- What would you do if you were the last person on earth?
- What would you do if you could fly?
- What would you do if you suddenly woke up in another country and no one could understand a word you said!
- Write a poem about your favorite person, animal, or place.
- What is your dream vacation? Why?
- Write a story from the perspective of a rabbit going down a hole. What does the rabbit experience, see and feel?
- What would you eat if you were on a deserted island? How would you catch your food?
- How does it feel to be a snowflake?
- Imagine you are a mountain and you are sitting and watching the world. What have you seen in your lifetime?
- What dangers would you face if you were a chipmunk? How would you over come them?
You’ve have just discovered a most fantastic listing of 3rd Grade Journaling Prompts. Use them, share them, and add to them, if you please! Please feel free to post a comment below with your journaling ideas and journal writing prompts.
Most of all just journal at least some a minimum of three times per week. May your student’s journaling adventure be filled with joy, fun and creativity.