I love to write about journaling tips, creative journaling and journal writing techniques. I love journaling so much that I wrote and published two kids journals!
Writing in a journal is one of my very favorite activities, and I hope it is one of yours and your student’s favorite activities, too.
Personally, I am rarely at a loss for something to write about in my journal. But, that is not the case for everyone. Some people need some help getting started writing in their journals. If this is the case for you or your students, then read on to discover some magnificent journal writing prompts for kids.
Journal Starters & Journaling Prompts for First Graders
Enjoy this most fantastic listing of 1st Grade Journaling Prompts. Use them, share them, and add to them, if you please by leaving a comment below.
- A special birthday for me is…
- A special birthday for an adult is…
- What is your favorite time of day? Explain why?
- I’d like to see . . .
- The biggest thing I ever saw
- If toys could talk what would they say?
- I am proud of myself because…
- What I know about rabbits is that…
- Tell about one thing you do really well?
- Insects, insects everywhere!!! Describe what you see!
- I’m happy when . . .
- This is how I think plants grow.
- My adventure would be
- I am afraid to_________ because
- What is your favorite room in your home and why?
- Describe your best day ever?
- What does a super-fun day look like to you?
- Climbing trees is…
- I wish trees could._______because….
- I want to be a ________ when I grow up.
- The perfect place in the whole wide world is…
- What can you do to help you feel better when you’re feeling blue?
- Walking in the rain is…
- Noisy times and quiet times are…
- For lunch today I…
- If I were a raindrop I’d…
- I like to make ______ because…
- I am always kind to__________ because
- My favorite stuffed animal or toy is…
- What would happen if it really did rain cats and dogs?
- If I could choose a different name, I would choose _____ and this is why…
- Let’s go _______________. Describe your adventure in detail.
- What would happen if animals could talk? What questions would you like to ask them?
- Imagine that you can become invisible whenever you wanted to? What are some of the things you would do.
- What would you do if you were in the middle of the ocean and your boat springs a leak?
I am always looking to expand my listing of journaling prompts and would love to hear your ideas. Please feel free to post a comment below with your journaling ideas and journal writing prompts. And if you haven’t discovered them already, check out our fabulous listing of writing prompts for kids of all ages!
May your student’s journaling adventure be filled with joy, fun and creativity.
Jill Schoenberg is the creator and author of the innovative journaling books Journal Buddies for girls and for boys